Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weaning

We're closing in on the last of our breastfeeding days and I am so very very sad. Soren's not ready to be done, and I'm not either. Unfortunately, my body seems to think otherwise. Because of the increasing demands at work and the inability to pump, my supply has dropped drastically. I could take all sorts of measures to increase my supply, but it would only be a band-aid fix to the larger issue of a hectic work schedule. Our other issue is that Soren is only taking 2 bottles during the day of 3-4 oz. now that he's eating many more solids. He's still nursing a ton at night but it's getting to be more and more as a pacifying measure than a feeding measure. It breaks my heart when he tries to nurse during the day and gets frustrated because there's not much that comes out. It also hurts because he clamps down and pulls as a last-ditch effort to get some milk. This breaks my heart, I'm so not ready for this. The closeness and the bond it has brought us is nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment