Thursday, February 2, 2012

So Apparently...

So apparently Soren was supposed to be re-tested with a swallow study for his aspiration and reflux at 4 weeks and 12 weeks after his first test that diagnosed it....oh about 6 months ago! The hospital should have called me to schedule and never did, and I wasn't aware that they were supposed to do that, and the pediatrician didn't suggest it either. So how did I find out about this? Soren's dissolvable tables of Prevacid were up for a refill and our Target pharmacy was out of them...apparently there's a large shortage of them right now. I suggested they contact the pediatrician to see if he could switch to the liquid. Prior to now, the pediatrician didn't want him on the liquid due to the probability that he would aspirate it. Well apparently our pediatrician still does not want to switch him to the liquid. The nurse called this evening to suggest we go to Wal-mart or Cub which has better luck having the solu-tabs in stock; I inquired about if he still had aspirations and she was shocked that we hadn't had a follow-up! She looked at the initial results and recommendations that were faxed to our doctor, but no one followed up on it and we weren't told that he needed to be re-tested. Grrrr. So I will be hearing back from Children's Hospital on Monday with his next swallow study date, and in the meantime on a hunt for some drugs. Side note: I have wondered in the past couple of days if he is still indeed aspirating; he's been choking on his bottles and breastfeeding often lately, and I'm unsure if it's aspiration or something else. It will be good to find out.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for those for 13 weeks now at no luck. If you find a pharmacy that carries them would you please let me know? We are desperate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete