Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding Weekend

Last Fall I received the call that my great friend Hesper was engaged and she asked if I would be a bridesmaid- I was ecstatic and so excited! Shortly after, I found out I was pregnant, and my due date would be July 29th; the wedding was set for August 13th 5 hours away from where we live. We decided we would play it by ear, not knowing how I would be feeling given my due date was so close to the wedding. Luckily it worked out that Soren was born early (not happy that he was premature, but you gotta look at the silver lining I guess).`We headed down for the wedding this past weekend for our first big family adventure. We stopped three times on the way down to feed him, once at our Alma Mater, Wartburg College, where we met.

In front of Dancing St. Francis Statue on campus

Daddy showing him the Fine Arts Center where all his music classes and rehearsals were held



Students would be fined if they were found going in the fountain...it became a well-known dare to do so... had to get him initiated into the Wartburg culture ;-)

Next we were headed down to Coralville, IA where our hotel was located. It was nice that we were able to get a room with a mini fridge in it so I could store pumped milk throughout the weekend. Thursday night, the bride and bridesmaids went out for dinner; it was nice to be out with the girlies, and I had my first 'adult beverage' since before I was pregnant...it was kinda nasty and I only had 2 sips before passing it off to the bride ;-).

On Friday we got ready for the rehearsal and dinner. It was fun roaming Iowa City, we had never been there before. Soren slept through the whole dinner! We got to eat at the Brown Bottle for the rehearsal dinner and enjoyed some of our old favorites when we went to another location in college. Next to my own, they have the best Fettuccine Alfredo...yum!

On Saturday, Soren and I headed over to the bride's parents' house for hair and to hang out with the girlies; daddy stayed back at the hotel and enjoyed some peace and quiet. Soren was pretty fussy on Saturday, he hadn't really slept much throughout the whole day, but slept for the whole reception. Here's some pictures of the wedding:

The Bride & Soren the morning of the wedding
Friends!

Momma Love

Lovely Bride!

Soren & Cora

Sleep Boy

Sunday morning we were on our way home! We took a different way home and stopped at Uncle Ryan & Aunt Tracy's house so they could meet Soren and Soren's cousin A.J. and him could meet. Grandma and Grandpa were there too and were very excited to see Soren!




Our travel time on the way home took 7.5 hours! We were stuck in construction traffic for an hour and it was not pleasant! Soren was hungry and screaming, so we had to pull off on the shoulder to nurse him while people were stuck in traffic next to us. Then I changed his diaper in the back seat, also good times. It was a great weekend together as a family, but we're glad to be home. This weekend we are going on our first camping expedition with my family, should be interesting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment