Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

Wow I feel like a terrible blogger, considering it's been a week since Christmas and I haven't posted anything yet! I do need to cut myself some slack though considering December was a crazy busy month for us due to all the training my new job brought, Brian working overtime, and holiday madness in general! Our Christmas kinda seemed like it didn't happen, it was weird. I had to work Christmas Eve until 5pm so I missed out on the anticipation and excitement that generally existed in years past. I headed straight for my parent's house where I was met by a large crowd of family. I was so exhausted and emotionally drained from work that it was difficult to really take in and enjoy the evening. I ate dinner quick, then the gift opening frenzy began! Soren got alot of cool gifts, we're so thankful for all the love and support he has in his life! After gift opening he was so stinkin tired it took a long while to get him to take a nap! Eventually he went down for a little bit but then woke back up. We went to the 9pm Candlelight service at church, and it was a pretty special moment for us to have Soren there. I remember last year being pregnant and so excited about having a baby to celebrate with this Christmas.


The next morning we all woke up feeling under the weather, but we packed up and made the 3-hour drive down to IA to visit family.

We first visited Brian's step-mom's family.




The next stop we made was Brian's grandpa's house in the same town.



Remember these three munchkins?!? Look how much they've grown since their first picture together!

After that, we drove to Brian's parent's house about 15 minutes away from the town where the gatherings were. When we got back to their house about 8pm, we opened gifts between the 5 of us. Soren got lots of cool stuff, it was pretty awesome!
"On the day you were born" recorded by Grandma with his added birth stats.



We were able to stay down there until Tuesday, then came back home. I think we're still slowly recovering from the holidays, and all sick with colds. Luckily it hasn't seem to hit Soren or I too hard (yay breastfeeding!), just a little congestion.

And in case you wanted to see the Christmas Cards I designed this year, here ya go:
Hope you all had a blessed Christmas, next up, New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment