Thursday, December 8, 2011

Things Lately

Lots has been going on around here this week and I've been too busy to sit and write until now. On Monday I started my job orientation, and have been doing that every day this week. I've been doing considerably well, although I did have teary moment on Sunday and last night. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance everything, making new routines, and remembering everything. I have temporarily lost many things this week, including my name badge on only the third day! Luckily it was recovered at church. I think the change in routine has somewhat been affecting Soren, though not in any terrible way. The first day he wouldn't take a nap for daddy until the late afternoon while in the grocery store...Brian said he had a sad, sullen, defeated look on his face while shopping then finally fell asleep. He's been going to bed around 9:30-10 and every morning this week has woken up at 6:00 to eat! I need to get up around 6:15-6:30 so this has been working out perfectly. After he wakes up to eat, I bring him into our bed and nurse him, then keep him laying in our bed after he dozes off again and I get up and get ready. Then he wakes up again from 7-7:30 and Brian gives him a small bottle and he'll go back down until 9-9:30. It's working out pretty slick, I hope it stays that way. He's my little alarm clock, and I LOVE being able to nurse and cuddle him for a little bit before I have to go to work.

When I leave in the morning, I wear my pumping bra and pump in the car on the way to work. Sounds crazy I know, but no one would ever really know and it's a nice, efficient way to use my 45-minute drive time. While at work I pump once during my lunch break, then after work I will either feed him or pump right away. Not gonna lie, the girls are a hurting unit waiting that long, but it's what's feasible right now. It's a pain in the arse to pump, remember the parts, cut my lunch break short, but it also feels good knowing I'm providing for him even when we're apart.

Brian has been a rock star, despite a bit of a jump-in-head-first approach. It's been a new learning and adjustment period for us all. It's not easy giving up sole care and control of Soren but he's been handling it well and I have become more flexible and supportive. I honestly think working part-time is going to make me a better mother. Before I started, we just went about our routine; now I love coming home and squeezing and cuddling him, and playing whenever we get the chance. I love how he gets a HUGE smile when I get home. I also am starting to really enjoy nursing more...like I said, before it was just part of our routine, but now I am really cherishing that closeness I feel with him... I think he likes it too as it's often one of the first things he wants to do when I get home ;-). It sure beats pumping, that's for sure!

Well, I think that's it for now, I need to hit the sack but I'll update more this weekend. We managed to take some Christmas pics, so I need to design our cards here soon and find the time to mail them out...eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment