Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bathtime Giggles and Exciting News!

Well, to start off with the exciting news, I was given a job offer today and I accepted! I will be working as a social worker at an inpatient psychiatric facility for children and teens. It is a permanent weekend position (Friday-Sunday), 8-4:30. Although working the weekends will have its drawbacks, I am looking forward to not having to pay for childcare, and still get to spend Monday-Thursday at home with Soren! I will be leading two groups a day and also doing case management with the families. I am SUPER excited, it seems like a great place to work and has great pay and benefits! It will also allow me to work towards my clinical licensure so I can someday be an independent therapist! I start December 5th. It will definitely be a new transition and figuring out who can take care of Soren and when makes my head spin already, but it will all get figured out; I am very blessed to have so many supportive people in my life who are willing to watch him (and free-of-charge is always a bonus too ;-).

I thought I'd throw in this video of Soren's bathtime from tonight. The beginning is kinda slow (feel free to fast-forward to :55). I just LOVE his giggles, they totally melt my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment